A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Looking to try some new bits on my horse..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Binca

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Looking to try some new bits on my horse..   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:39 am

Josh has been going better since I put him in a loose ring french link snaffle, but I still think he could go better. He seems to thrive on a bit being incredibly stable in his mouth, and for him, the thinner the bit, the better.

So I would love to either buy or borrow some different bits to try on him for a few rides and see how he goes. I don't have heaps of money at this stage, but will just see how I go getting responses and make up my mind then..

Josh takes a 5 inch bit.

Bits I would love to try are:
-Mullen mouth
-Baucher with mullen mouth
-Baucher with french link (not an oval link please!)
-Waterford snaffle (although I am not so desperate for this, but no harm in trying!)

Like I said, the thinner the better as Josh has a REALLY thick tongue and the roof of his mouth is quite low..
The bauchers are the ones I am most keen to try, as the "arm" provides a little more stability which I think Josh might appreciate!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help! Smile
Back to top Go down

Looking to try some new bits on my horse..
Page 1 of 1