South Australian Equine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eventard

Eventard

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info   Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Guys,
Was wondering if anyone on the forum currently agists/lives in globe derby and knows of any agistment places with availabilities? Ive heard they mostly stick to themselves but it would be a perfect location for me as i live near port adelaide.
Also does anyone go to or agist at sunnybrae PC? i heard they have some spots available but offer no feeding/rugging which sucks!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
AppyGoLucky

AppyGoLucky

Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info   Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:34 pm

I don't agist at Sunnybrae, but if you do I'm pretty sure you have to be an active member of the club. By the sounds of it you can usually ask someone nicely to feed/rug for you if you can't make it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverstirrups.com
horsework B4 housework

horsework B4 housework

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info   Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:14 pm

I think jellybelly has horses at Globe Derby may be worthing sending her a pm
Back to top Go down
jellybelly

jellybelly

Number of posts : 2276
Registration date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info   Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Yes Sunnybrae do require you to be members of their club and active members at that. Last I heard they had 2x yards available but I'm not sure if there's a limit of yards per person... They turn out to paddocks du during the day.
I've found globe derby is more about who you know so if you don't know anyone your best bet is probably door knocking. Most the time someone knows who has vacancies but I tend to keep to myself so have no idea what's available. Last I heard the fodder store had 1 yard coming up soon but it's not too big and I don't know if she is leaving still or not.
Back to top Go down
appy

appy

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info   Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:22 am

You can look up sunnybrae on facebook and they have a website too.

Jelly belly is right that you do have to be an active member.

I am sure that there are other members that can feed, rug etc if you can't make it.
Back to top Go down
Eventard

Eventard

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info   Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks all, i did know you had to be an active member which was fine as i enjoyed ponyclub when i was in golden spur about 7 years ago. I think though after a mental struggle i might have to postpone the horse buying for now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info   Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Globe Derby agistment / Sunnybrae info
Page 1 of 1