A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shell

Number of posts : 1730
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:23 pm

LIVE IN POSITION AVAILABLE NOW:

Live in position available for someone who is looking for a job with horses, and as a carer for a 39 yr old woman (me!) with health issues. You will need to share the household expenses in a 'housemate' situation on a gorgeous property at Springton, not far from Mt Pleasant/Birdwood/Angaston etc.

Person must be:

# Competant With Horses - will be working with Mares, Foals from newborn to yearlings etc, Stallions (both well behaved but still boys!) and a donkey.
Some stallion experience would be good however not essential if you have a level head on your shoulders and can take direction from myself or others who work with my horses at times.
Feeding horses, checking them for scrapes or injury and treating wounds if required.
There will be some prepping for shows and the opportunity to show in hand and under saddle if you are that way inclined and would like to do it! If you want to do Dressage, Eventing, Jumping etc and we have the suitable horse for the job - then you are more than welcome to do that!
Holding horses for the farrier, vet etc...

# Current drivers licence - Car licence only is fine Smile P plates upwards - I quite often end up sleeping most of the way on trips to anywhere - sometimes I sleep between home and the supermarket! Experience towing a float would be good - however I am happy to teach and do lots of trips to get you used to it if you are a competent driver....

Might pay you to look up:

Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
Fibromyalgia
Chronic Pain, Migraines and Fatigue
Pars Defect

Most days it feels like someone is scraping the insides of my bones out with cuttlery and poking me from the outside of the bones with knives at the same time, my joints are in agony and some days I am afraid to shake someones hand because even a light hand shake causes a LOT of pain.

Im all good for showers and all day to day looking after myself there - but just need supervision with sharp objects, help with sweeping and a hand in general dependent on the day I am having - Some days I have trouble cooking or even making a sandwich, and because of my back and joint pain - sweeping and mopping is a killer I can do it but then cant function for a few days! On a really bad day I cant even sit up without passing out, on a good day I can throw hay bales, go fencing, dig post holes, lunge horses, load them on the float, drive etc - I dont know what sort of day Im going to have til I get going!

Thats information overload, and there is lots more to it -but thats a basic run down!

Need someone who is going to be reliable and is looking for a long term opportunity to work with fabulous horses, but not have a terribly structured work schedule. Someone with a sense of humour and the ability to laugh at yourself and mainly at me when I do something silly - which is often! lol....

I am also a photographer and designer - so will also require you to come to shows and be a gear carrier, ear pricker etc!

Please contact me at: reigatestud@gmail.com in the first instance with your experience and give me a good insight into your personality, and tell me why you would be suitable for the position

Last edited by Shell on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.reigatestud.com
Old Grey mare

Number of posts : 3287
Registration date : 2011-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:44 am

shell - do you want me to see this round my horse contacts?????
Back to top Go down
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:16 am

Yes please OGM!!!
Back to top Go down
Old Grey mare

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:02 am

done.. hope you find someone
Back to top Go down
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks - need to find someone who is going to be reliable, and does not have issues that are going to interupt the position if at all possible.

Basically - it should come down to someone who wants to work with great horses, live in a lovely quiet area - no sounds of traffic zooming past 24/7, and wants to spend their time playing with horses and do it as a job - pay rate isnt absolutely fabulous bit its enough to get by on and the person could also do some study - mostly external.

I can deal with being left on my own a day or so here and there at times but need someone around most of the time.... and to help me actually achieve being able to get places by driving, and helping wiht simple things like loading groceries into car - and must be understanding of the fact that a busy shop can leave me with an panic attack and tears and staring at a shelf for ages because the groups of people are freaking me out!
Back to top Go down
gypsy0888

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:18 am

Shell wrote:
and helping wiht simple things like loading groceries into car - and must be understanding of the fact that a busy shop can leave me with an panic attack and tears and staring at a shelf for ages because the groups of people are freaking me out!

you need to move to somewhere like Moonta, shops are never busy, & they'll load your stuff in the car for you if you ask Smile

Hope you find someone quickly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Nuri foodland deliver if you cant get to a shop or don't want to be in a crowd, I have been really happy with their service etc. they do deliveries on wednesday & friday. Has been great for me , as I struggle to get things like bags of heavy dog food & cat litter, 10 litre casks of water etc into the trolley let alone into the car then from the car to my house.
Hope you find someone soon, it's hard out here when your less abled & don't have help.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 478

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Thanks guys Smile

CP thats fabulous to know! I will have to get on to them and see what I can set up Smile

I am most definitely NOT doing Mt Barker Coles again anytime soon! That about did my head in!

Have now updated the website with a page of its own for the ad Smile www.reigatestud.com

Have locked myself in the lounge today in the air conditioning, and am staying INSIDE til it cools down tonight - I did horse water troughs thismorning at stupid o clock that was warm then but not too bad.... will do the same again tonight!

Tessa dog is slothed on lounge floor (the slate floor is nice and cool), and cats are dotted around with arms and legs hanging off furniture while they snooze!

Back to top Go down
http://www.saequineforum.com
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:13 am

Back to top Go down
Hills Chick

Number of posts : 1167
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 am

just letting you know Shell, that both Coles and Woolies have an online service that delivers, another online supermarket is Banana Blue Smile it may help out a little xx
Back to top Go down
Old Grey mare

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:13 am

aww - Shell - postcard pretty!!!!!
(just need a winky wonky donky in the paddock)
and HA wants a Picture of WWD - so she can do a window art for you for your new home
Back to top Go down
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Thanks OGM! I love it here! Smile

Ohhhhhh window art would be awesome! Smile Smile Dont know that this pic is exactly what she would have in mind though.... lol

The WWD is in the paddock! As are all my ponies now Smile

And thanks heaps HC! I have already signed up for the Coles online stuff and next pay day I will do my grocery shopping through that! Smile That is an awesome idea! Smile

Still looking for someone! Smile
Back to top Go down
Old Grey mare

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:48 pm

ba ha ha ha - that's awesome - but perhaps something a little cuter - with LESS teeth on display.

PMSL - thats a true crack up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud   

Back to top Go down

Live In Position Available on Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stud
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1