A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

New feed store & saddlery down south?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
firefly

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: New feed store & saddlery down south?   Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:09 pm

I've decided to open a small feed/saddlery/pet supplies store from our place in Mclaren Vale.
Do those of you down south (Mclaren Vale area) think another will work in the area?
We thought we'd supply some feed etc and to start small saddlery items (shampoos, wormers, hoof grease etc) and also dog, cat food etc.
Won't have a shop front till end of the year but thought we'd try offering a free delivery service to the local area and also we're able to give good internet prices. See www.belclarensaddlerypetsupplies.vpweb.com.au and any advice would be much appreciated Very Happy 
Tomorrow the domain should kick in so will be www.belclarenpetsupplies.com.au

Our plan is for people to have orders in by 5pm Tuesday, we confirm on Wednesday and deliver Friday or Saturday. Pay via paypal, dd or cod.
Back to top Go down
Mikinda Amelia

Number of posts : 2231
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: New feed store & saddlery down south?   Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:51 am

Well you're up against Walkers, Hackham, Top of the Range & the new place at Seaford. The free delivery is tempting but i'd be a little cautious about changing from Walkers as their reliability with delivery is faultless (over 4 yrs) and their quality of feed is, 99% of the time, brilliant. Tough competition! Good luck though!
Back to top Go down
firefly

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: New feed store & saddlery down south?   Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:44 am

Thanks heaps for the input! Very Happy 
We always had the idea mainly for dog food & the like, but decided to try horse feed also due to Seaford actually closing down (and it helps my feed bills lol). Trying to offer competitive prices like they did.
Back to top Go down
spiderpig

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New feed store & saddlery down south?   Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:21 am

Very similar concept to direct to door fodder, they really got there name out by sponsoring nearly every horse trials in the state. as a result alot of the competitors have supported them in return ( including myself). i think its something many have tried at some more successful than others, but i know D to door have made a good go of it so no reason why you couldnt! GOOD LUCK!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New feed store & saddlery down south?   

Back to top Go down

New feed store & saddlery down south?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1