South Australian Equine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds

Go down 
+2
Carolinep
Apashanarta
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Apashanarta

Apashanarta

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds Empty
PostSubject: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:16 am

Found in Aushorse under the General section a lady trying to start up a club for heavy horse breed, she is looking for anyone to show an interest by sending her an email. So like me if you fall in this category and want to show your horse with other like minded people and horse send her an email to get on board
Back to top Go down
Carolinep

Carolinep

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:18 am

Apashanarta wrote:
Found in Aushorse under the General section a lady trying to start up a club for heavy horse breed, she is looking for anyone to show an interest by sending her an email. So like me if you fall in this category and want to show your horse with other like minded people and horse send her an email to get on board

Hiya

Glad to hear that you are interested. Forum member Eventer posted that ad, and we started a Facebook group, which I named, after a huge amount of thought, SA Clydies, or maybe SA Clydie Xs: if you go back through my posts from last week you'll find the info.

Amazingly, all we had to do to have heavy horse classes in the forum ring, was to ask. Now, people, when the classes are included, we have to turn up Smile

xx
Back to top Go down
Onion

Onion

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:27 am

Wow, that Clydie group on FB was hard to find, I had to stalk DC's profile and find it there.

May I ask why its a closed group? Wouldnt you want people to be able to find it easily?
Back to top Go down
Carolinep

Carolinep

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Onion wrote:
Wow, that Clydie group on FB was hard to find, I had to stalk DC's profile and find it there.

May I ask why its a closed group? Wouldnt you want people to be able to find it easily?

Um, well, I'm not actually sure what closed group means, and I thought that, rather than being bombarded by emails from people in places I've never heard of (I get enough of that at work: Dear Dr (which I'm not) Payne, I read your article in blah blah blah and have experience in something totally unrelated to the article, so please give me a job), it just meant that people had to ask to become a members.

I don't know why it's so hard to find, but will google away and then see what I can do to make it easier. If you read the thread you will see that I have freely admitted to being total cr"p at Facebook (bit like mobile phones. Good intentions, but seriously misused by some individuals).
Back to top Go down
Carolinep

Carolinep

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:07 pm

I have just been to Facebook and searched for SA Clydies, and up it came. However, I don't know whether this was because I'm logged in and I'm a member of the group.

If someone wants to explain the pros and cons of it being a closed group I'm more than happy to change the settings/profile.
Back to top Go down
Bandicoot

Bandicoot

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:14 pm

When I set up the one for SSHA I made it open.. people can see what you offer.. I like the fact it is open.. Everyone can see the details and can see what your doing.. Why is that a good thing? Cos people who may have only considered looking into a standie might be more inclined to do so, if they could see what we were doing. Thats my thought anyhow, thankfully my co pilots agreed with me (lol).

Sadly for the SSHA, everyone just thinks "Standardbred Association", which brings up the other association SPPHASA. A few have been caught out with this thinking we are one and the same..
Very Happy oh well.. you get that..
Back to top Go down
http://www.aylesburylodge.com
Onion

Onion

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Caroline, it shows up for you because you are a member.

Our riding club FB page is open and I have only had one funny email from someone in America.

The more traffic the better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carolinep

Carolinep

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Thank you people: I will go to Facebook as soon as I leave the forum and change it to open :-).
Back to top Go down
foxontherun

foxontherun

Number of posts : 1212

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:56 pm

Here's the link for the page....
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=244081875352&ref=search&sid=676680138.2455245911..1

I'm guessing you've already changed it Carolinep? Coz I found it straight away! lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carolinep

Carolinep

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:06 pm

foxontherun wrote:
Here's the link for the page....
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=244081875352&ref=search&sid=676680138.2455245911..1

I'm guessing you've already changed it Carolinep? Coz I found it straight away! lol Very Happy

Indeedeedoodee

xx
Back to top Go down
Onion

Onion

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:34 pm

OK, I've found it now...and put some pics up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Apashanarta

Apashanarta

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks guys for that I have now joined onto it on facebook, Carolinep Im like you just started up Facebook and am some what cr..p also
Back to top Go down
Carolinep

Carolinep

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Apashanarta wrote:
Thanks guys for that I have now joined onto it on facebook, Carolinep Im like you just started up Facebook and am some what cr..p also

I was checking out Ally's photos on FB last night, when little pop-up box appeared at the bottom of my screen, and I started having a chat with DC. Had no idea how it got there, but then noticed that a friend in England was in the box too. Typed in 'Hi' and she immediately went offline Sad

So much to learn.
Back to top Go down
*eventer*

*eventer*

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi guys, ive had about 8 emails from the add already, so it looks like we have a decent amount of interest.

BurnbankSportHorses are also happy to sponsor these classes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds   Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds Empty

Back to top Go down

Shows/club for owners of ClydieX/heavy breeds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Australian Equine Forum :: Miscellanious :: Clubs & Associations-
Jump to: