A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cleveland Bay Horse Society of Australasia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shell

Number of posts : 1730
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Bay Horse Society of Australasia   Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:04 am

Whilst I would dearly love to be there with my lot and my fabulous team of people - Sadly I will not be getting out to the next three weekends worth of shows with any of the 'kids'....

The stallions are in the middle of 'working' at the moment, one of the youngsters is going through a giraffe stage at the moment (I swear he looked normal a fortnight ago! lol) and the other youngster is not quite as I would like him to be to go out in the ring. The three mares are not ready to go out at the moment - two have just had foals in the last week and a bit, and the bubs arent yet registered of course! The third mare hasnt had any work lately so its too much to expect her to go out and do what we want her to!

Added to this and the main reason my lot arent getting out at the moment - have been quite ill lately and I am about burnt out totally so have nothing in reserve energy wise - not even driving at the moment to the paddock which is only 100m or so up the road from the house...

It is way too big an ask to expect others to do EVERYTHING for my horses to get them out and particularly when I went as a passenger to a show last week - and could barely even stay awake or with it enough to take photos....

Taking horses out at the moment would be extremely detrimental to my health so that is being put first for once!

This is not a decision made lightly here as I desperately wanted to get out and support the Cleveland Bay Classes... and have over the years tried my hardest to get there and coordinate a lot of stuff where I could - thats all taking a back seat for the moment though....

Good luck to those who are going to get out there this year for the last three shows and have a blast!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reigatestud.com
lyndsworth

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Bay Horse Society of Australasia   Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:20 am

Since we have already done the fundraising we arent asking for money just the best place to put the funds toward - anything suitable in the new year? unfortunately we arent having cb classes at the royal adelaide this year only option will be warmblood classes
appreciate any input
Back to top Go down
Shell

Number of posts : 1730
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Bay Horse Society of Australasia   Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:34 am

Lyndsworth, I think we would be best trying to organise something run by the clevies and showcasing the breeds. Have a draft in the pipeline to send through to SA members and the committee when I get it butted out a bit more :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reigatestud.com
Epic

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Bay Horse Society of Australasia   Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 am

I'm not showing in any CB classes due to the 'must be a member to show' rule by this society.
Last show season my CB sporthorse was shown extensively with the temporary help of other people to ride & lead her as I was not only recovering from shoulder surgery but also was not riding. I am a reg breeder of CB sporthorses & paid my subscription at the time.
However, after gaining the most points in two out of the three Australasian High Points awards, the mare's point score was divided up between myself & each of the handler/riders, so that in the top 12 point scores she took 5 of the positions!
After this, I am deeply disappointed. Why can't the CBHSA accept a horse being shown under the banner of a stud prefix!
Or was I supposed to pay $50 extra membership per person every time a handler/rider touched my horse? That would have totaled $250 in subs....
This needs to be addressed!
Back to top Go down
Carolinep

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Bay Horse Society of Australasia   Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:06 am

Oh, this may well affect us as well, and is not something that I was aware of or would have even considered.
I understand why handler/rider classes would be assigned to, well, the handlers or riders, but would expect classes where the horse is being judged to be assigned to the horse/registered owner, regardless of who is in the saddle or on the end of the lead rope.
Off to read the regs.
Back to top Go down
lyndsworth

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2010-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Bay Horse Society of Australasia   Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:53 pm

You are aware Epic that this is under consideration - yes the points scored were divided however this did not change the results -
you have to wonder why committee even continues to try and do things when whatever we do is wrong by someone. just getting people to say where they might be going seems too hard

feel free to put your hand up
Back to top Go down
Carolinep

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Bay Horse Society of Australasia   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:34 pm

A friend who got really, really frustrated with me trying to please everyone all of the time finally yelled 'For ^&$%'s sake! Not even Jesus could achieve that. Stop being so $%^&ing hard on yourself!'.

So now I do my best, in the knowledge that someone, somewhere is going to be pi$$ed at me at every point Wink

Appointment to any committee should come with a big hand with which to tap ourselves on our backs, a kevlar hoodie, and a never ending bottle of alcohol of choice Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleveland Bay Horse Society of Australasia   

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Bay Horse Society of Australasia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2