A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Agistment in trott park

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gemma

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Agistment in trott park   Sun May 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Just wondering if anyone agists in or near trott park what facilities are available? Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Sun May 22, 2011 3:32 pm

I would be interested to know too Gemma if you get any info PM'd to you??
Back to top Go down
Courtier

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Tue May 31, 2011 4:52 pm

There's Karen's place which is yards and I think they can get paddocked a couple times a week. Can do feeding and clean yards for you for extra costs.

Ann-Maries is another place which I think is next door to Karens or close to it? Two arenas, jumps, round yard. Horses are yarded and then share paddocks during the day if you ask. Think they do the feeding, rugging, cleaning for you but not sure?
Back to top Go down
Gemma

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Tue May 31, 2011 6:32 pm

I managed to get a yard at ann maries. Poppy arrived yesterday im happy she happy its going well!
Back to top Go down
Julie

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:30 pm

great gem, glad she is there ok and liking her new home in the city! I was worried she wouldn't like it after being in such a big paddock but having you with her would help because she knows you.
Back to top Go down
TrojanHorse

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have a contact number and know how much this Karen's place is and where it is exactly? I've enquired at Anne-Maries, which is closest to me but it's also too much $$$ per week for me.

I keep hearing about this other place near/in Trott Park, which I am guessing is this Karen's place but I can't seem to ever find anything more out about it.

Anyway, if someone has into on Karen's place, please reply here or PM me.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
pally01

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:36 pm

I remember a Karen from Klippel(?) ave trott park. First horse property on the left with an arena at the front of the property and one also at the back. Have not been there for many many years though. There were several places on that one street from memory. Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arab_Angel

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:00 pm

karens place isnt much cheaper then anne maries.... the trott park places arnt cheap cause of location
Back to top Go down
TrojanHorse

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:58 am

Thanks pally, I went and had a look up there last night (although it was dark and hard to see anything), one of the properties had a sign on the gate so wrote down the number but when I rang it it turned out to be Anne Marie's Sad (other entrance obv rather than the one on Lonsdale Highway.) There are no other signs up there, so that sux. Looks like this Karen might not be agisting anymore.
Back to top Go down
TrojanHorse

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:04 am

I'd like to get in at Sandra O'Briens again but she doesn't have room and even if she did, she has told me before she won't take mares so thats me screwed as I assume fillies would be included in that seeing as it's still female! It annoys me ppl that discriminate against mares like that, it's not like they're stallions/colts that are likely to get out and cause damage/havoc! Neutral

Thats like saying we can't be employed somewhere because we might get grumpy with PMS sometimes!
Back to top Go down
Arab_Angel

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:16 pm

^^^ i do know at one agistment a gelding broke his leg trying to get to a mare on the first day he was there.... they CAN cause problems. I also know alot of agistments with stallions wont take mares either

Karen does agist but doesnt advertise. lost her number though sorry
Back to top Go down
*kayty*

Number of posts : 1483
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:16 am

If you've got a youngster, why not look a little further out and put her on paddock agistment rather than being in a little yard 24/7? There's plenty of places a bit further South (like 15mins from Trott Park) that have paddock agistment for under $35/week and for a young horse that's got to be healthier for their mental state than being in a yard constantly with not much work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandhoundartistry.com
Dressage Diva

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:08 am

Karen's mobile is 0409 260 969. The horses are in quite small yards and not paddock that regularly (the ponies seem to go out a bit but I rarely see the horses out) so I would probably only recommend it for horses in full work - but worth a look. It's very hard agisting in the suburbs.

Chandlers Hill/Onkaparinga Hills has a number of paddocking agistments, and isn't too far.
Back to top Go down
TrojanHorse

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:38 am

I dont want her stuck in a 24/7 but nor do i want her in a big paddock situation either or at least not in one where I can't get to her ever night. This is because she's completely unhandled at this stage and I need to be able to keep up with handling her so she doesn't regress after being handled initially by the breakers so I need somewhere I can get to nightly without it costing me the earth to get to in petrol. At this stage I think a paddock situation isn't really conductive to the objective until she is at least fully comfortable with being caught and lead and handled.

Ideally she will be in a yard overnight and put out during the day so she's getting constant handling by myself and other ppl.
Back to top Go down
TrojanHorse

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:48 am

But if there is nowhere that fits the budget close enough for me to get to nightly, then yes, she will have to go in a large paddock situation or a single paddock/lge yard further out where hay is included and fed during the weekdays as I will only be able to get to her on weekends then.

Looks like I'll end up at my old agistment at Cherry Gardens I think again, which is fine, yards aren't tiny and they can go out in a day paddock during the day and has plenty of facilities but was just trying to see if there was anything closer that might fit the budget as even Cherry Gardens is still a little bit of a hike when I work at Melrose Pk and live just off Brighton Rd (beach side). I was at Sandra O'Briens when living in Seacliff previously, was great, just up the hill.

Last edited by TrojanHorse on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrojanHorse

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:52 am

PS: Thanks Dressage Diva, Im just trying to find out info and look at options at this stage. Even if the $$$ suit, if she's going to be stuck in a tiny yard all day every day then that won't be an option as I dont want that for her. As Kayty said, thats not really nice or fair on the horse. I don't like 24/7 yard agistment and thats why I can't look at Anne Marie's as tbh the cost per week is already too much for me but @ $25.00 per day extra for a day in the paddock is just completely out of the ball park and I won't put her in a little yard situation full time no matter how close the agistment is or how cheap it might be.
Back to top Go down
Dressage Diva

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:55 am

I live at O'Halloran Hill and thought I was blessed when I got a job a Melrose Park after working in the city for years!! That's not far at all!!!! You're lucky.

They do get paddocked sometimes at Karens, I'm just not sure how much so it might pay to phone and ask. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
TrojanHorse

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:07 am

Yeah its great! Nice and close, only 15 mins to get to work which means my petrol lasts pretty well atm. But I live on my own so you've got to save where you can in that scenario, esp with everything going up! No partner here to help afford the expenses or parents to sponge off unfortunately Sad

I know how you feel, I used to drive from Morphett Vale to Royal Park out west every day for 3 years, was 45 mins drive! Gosh the city, how did you do that!? I refuse to work there and have successfully managed to always get jobs in the 'burbs! I'd rather be unemployed than work in the city!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agistment in trott park   

Back to top Go down

Agistment in trott park
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1