HOOF TRIM WORKSHOP
Saturday September 22nd
Loxton Horse Riding Club
Join us for a hands-on-workshop designed for horse owners interested in Natural Hoof Care. Learn basic trimming techniques for maintaining your own horses’ hooves.
Starts 9am sharp – Topics include:
• What is Natural Hoof Care? • Diet
• Wild Horse Studies • Laminitis
• Barefoot Performance • Transitioning
• A Natural Lifestyle • Hoof Boots
• Hoof Anatomy • Thrush & Seedy Toe
• Hoof Mechanism • Laminitis & other Pathologies
• The Wild Horse Model • Trimming Landmarks
• History of Shoes • Safety
• What’s Wrong with Shoes? • Tools
• Elements of Natural Hoof Care • Cadaver Trims!
You can bring your horse for Jenny to do a set up trim or trim yourself under her supervision.
** Cost is $80 per person **
$30 per horse for a Set up Trim (extra $15 for removing shoes)
Contact Leah Neumann to register
0466 345 867 email email@example.com
Rasps will be for sale on the day and other trim tools can be pre-ordered
with Jenny call 0404 168 395 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to bring – Gloves, Chair, Drinks and any trimming tools if you have them.
Second-hand rasps and knives will be supplied free to use.
**Sturdy jeans and closed footwear is essential**
The canteen will be open for food and drink purchases.
Resource Websites- www.jennyaustin.com.au www.wildabouthooves.com.au www.hoofrehab.com www.barefoothorse.com www.tribeequus.com www.thehorseshoof.com www.hoofworksaustralia.com www.safergrass.org www.horsefx.com.au
Hosted by Loxton Horse Riding Club