South Australian Equine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Appaloosa Stallions in SA?

Go down 
+7
HappyAppy
Challington
Sonz78
ivydane
Michele
buccaneer
Onion
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Onion

Onion

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Appaloosa Stallions in SA? Empty
PostSubject: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Does anyone know of any in Adelaide or Mid North Area? I don't like putting horses on transport... Smile

Pondering the possibilities... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
buccaneer

buccaneer

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:54 am

Pity I don't have mine anymore....you'd like him....He is Cayuse Total Outrage by Mighty Storm Song (dec) our of Cayuse Southern Sunday. Unfortunately with my life totally changing, I had to part with him. Shame as he has the best temperament, and was an absolute joy to work with. He has now gone back to Toowoomba in Qld. I will still be putting my mare to him down the track. He is the one on the left in my avatar.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Michele

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Appaloosa Stallion.   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:18 pm

DJM'S Western Performance Stud stands at stud: Cayuse Skip O' The Moon, reg. AAA, Sportaloosa reg. pending. chestnut fewspot, 15.3hh. Sire: USA import multi national champion Skips Supreme. dam: Cayuse Few Moon national champion. ..... Cosimo is true in conformation, outstanding temperament and bred to produce color, brilliant cross over t/bred and warmblood mares. Breed for performance,hunter, western pleasure, halter, jumping, the choise is yours.
STUD FEE: $800.00 handling fee inclusive, color foal or free return... book your mare early for 4 weeks free agistment with pasture hay. Contact Joseph on 0408 894 752 for further details.

Last edited by Michele on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ivydane

ivydane

Number of posts : 2413
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:06 pm

I have a 12.2hh leopard.
Back to top Go down
Sonz78

Sonz78

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:24 pm

Hey ivy dane i interested in your man do you have any pictures and what is his service fee.
Back to top Go down
Onion

Onion

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:40 am

Too small Ivy Dane. I'm looking about 14.3 upwards.
Back to top Go down
Michele

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Son's stallion Cayuse Skip O' the Moon is 15.2hh chestnut few spot...
Back to top Go down
Challington

Challington

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:43 pm

He's lovely! and a big chunka! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm

I know of 2 Appaloosa/Warmblood stallions in SA, but i also know of some really nice ones outside of SA and even overseas. Smile LOL!!

Allegro Con Brio, 16hh, jet black, unsure of age. He was an advanced eventer and intermediate II dressage horse. He is the sire of my horse Napoleon, the full brother to my colourful mare Deja` and the sire to Megan Jone's Kirby Park Fedwell who she campaigned for the Olympics (who she has now sold). He only throws colour to coloured mares thou. Brio's sire is PPP Mr Jimmy Mop and his dam is Admirals Lady. He is in Yankalila or there abouts.

Cayuse Might Copperit, dun with a spotted blanket and i think he is 7yrs. They show jump him, but im sure he could also do dressage and eventing. I have put my Contango II/Worthy Dot mare (Hollea) to him for a foal at the end of this year. He is normally in Monarto but right now he is in Hahndorf being trained and campaigned by Jeff Bloomfield. Cooperit's sire is Cooperit and off the top of my head i cant remember his dam.

Both stallions have really nice temperaments and they both only do A.I. I do have contact details for both of these if your interested. Hope this helps and doesnt confuse you too much.
Back to top Go down
HappyAppy

HappyAppy

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:02 pm

Brian Dedicoat from Siann appaloosas has a nice chestnut/blanket stallion
Back to top Go down
Onion

Onion

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:49 am

I think Cayuse Mighty Copperit might be a touch small from my googling Dequoi, I can't find a pic of Allegro Con Brio thought. The mares in question are black and liver TB mares.

I've managed to find some Appy studs in SA that I might contact when it is closer as the liver is going to a QH this season and the black mare is being broken to saddle.
Back to top Go down
*eventer*

*eventer*

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:08 am

Cayuse Mighty Copperit is a GORGEOUS stallion - i would seriously consider him if i was you. Im not a huge fan of appaloosas at all, in fact i rarely "like" them, but i love that little guy!
Back to top Go down
*eventer*

*eventer*

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:10 am

Back to top Go down
Onion

Onion

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:54 am

I think I must have found an old pic of Copperit. :S

15.2hh would be good with the 16hh mare. The black mare is still with her breeder so I am not sure how big she is yet.

Thanks for that website Eventer. Very Happy Sooo many nice stallions on there! I love Grand Illusion, Bradford, Whata Kracker and Hotspur. *drool*
Back to top Go down
belambi

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:08 am

Harry Hotspur send greetings to his SA Fans!

http://www.australiancolouredperformancehorses.com.au/
Back to top Go down
belambi

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 5:09 am

Back to top Go down
appy

appy

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:31 am

Hi onion and everyone else,

I am breeding with my TB mare next year to an appy stallion so have been looking into all of them.
In SA cayuse mighty cooperit is a good choice. Although a bit smaller he is producing big foals with great movement.
If you go to horse deals and look him up you can see some of his foals on there.
His dam is cayuse twenty below. He has produced two coloured foals our of 3.
Can anyone tell me how to post photo's on here.

Have a look at cinco park appaloosa's . They have two nice ones bred from something jazzy.
If you are going for colour it is best to study the foals that the stallions produce.

thanks

good luck with the appy search.
Back to top Go down
appy

appy

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi dequoi,

Have you got any photo's of allego con brio or an email address for them.

thanks vikki

p.s is this narrie
Back to top Go down
Michele

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:45 am

Cayuse Skip O' the Moon Appaloosa stallion is standing at stud to out side mares this season, excellent cross to t/breds, stock horse for performance, jumping, eventing, etc.
Back to top Go down
susan_a

susan_a

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Cooper is a lovely stallion if you happen to still be looking.
Brilliant temperament, easy to handle and a stylish horse with good conformation as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appaloosa Stallions in SA?   Appaloosa Stallions in SA? Empty

Back to top Go down

Appaloosa Stallions in SA?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Australian Equine Forum :: Stallions At Stud :: Stallions At Stud in South Australia-
Jump to: