South Australian Equine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

low incomers benefit from this.

Go down 
+12
Hilly
A'ishah gold
Mikinda Amelia
possum
pepperhayden
fitgirl75
mustang_dani
foxontherun
yasbiq
~Tasha~
DC
Tory
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:13 pm

I thought you just had to have PAID tax during the year? Coz if that's not the case, then I'm in the same basket as you- I paid tax but got it all back.
Back to top Go down
SkinnyThoroughbred

SkinnyThoroughbred

Number of posts : 1141
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:33 pm

yeah i thought it was if you had paid your tax for the year and had earned under a certain amount you were eligible for it... if not... *waves bye bye to bonus*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:39 pm

omg thats absolute ********. - watch the language, kids read this forum!
so regular people who earn a regular wage (ie my dad, mum, brother) get the tax bonus.
I, who scraped through at about $12,000 of taxable income last year, who paid tax but got it all back, gets nothing. Awesome. Just awesome.
Whereas if I had paid $1, just $1 of tax and not gotten it back- I'd be eligible.
How do they justify that?

Last edited by Terra on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Sorry just ranting. Absolutely ****** - language again! off- been holding out for this for ages, never thought about the fact that I got it all back! Was even part of the reason Mum got me my car- she thought she'd be getting $900 back in one big lump come April!!!
Back to top Go down
Hilly

Hilly

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:48 pm

I will check for you at work on monday (I do tax returns for a living)
but am sure that anyone who lodged a tax return in the 07/08 financial year, and who's income were not over $100,000 is eligible for a tax bonus up to $900.00.

Now if you did not lodge a return last year, because you were under the $6000.00 threshold.
You will not get a bonus.

... so i will be back monday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:05 pm

Sent you a PM Hilly Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:42 am

terra - before you slash your wrists (lol!) just double check it... there has being loads of threads about this on Eques and no one has said this before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:43 am

i did the eligiblity thing on ato website. zilch.
Back to top Go down
mustang_dani

mustang_dani

Number of posts : 1914
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Does anyone know when students are getting the bonus? Is there a number I can ring to find out if I'm definitely going to get it or not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zappascomputers.com.au
foxontherun

foxontherun

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:03 pm

MD - heard on radio this morning that if you were a full time student last year & worked - then you should be getting $950 for being a student & $900 for the low income tax return.

But - Don't quote me or hold your breath!
*sorry...am kinda cynical towards most government things!*
geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:14 pm

If you are going to get a Centrelink related bonus, you would have got it with your regular payment from the 24th march
Back to top Go down
mustang_dani

mustang_dani

Number of posts : 1914
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 4:37 pm

Yeah I didn't get it. Crying or Very sad Didn't work last tax year either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zappascomputers.com.au
horsework B4 housework

horsework B4 housework

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 5:44 pm

This is the link I used to see if I would get the bonus - it is from the ato page so would think it should be reliable - you need 07/08 tax return to fill in a small questionaire and it then tells you if you should get the bonus or not.
http://calculators.ato.gov.au/scripts/axos/axos.asp?CONTEXT=&KBS=ESB.xr4&go=ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: low incomers benefit from this.   low incomers benefit from this. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

low incomers benefit from this.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Australian Equine Forum :: Miscellanious :: Links that may be useful for all-
Jump to: