South Australian Equine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paddock mate wanted!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dressage Diva

Dressage Diva

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Paddock mate wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Paddock mate wanted!   Paddock mate wanted! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 am

Berwyn is going home to be friend with Billy in the next short while so Ellie is in need of a paddock mate.

Willing to buy or free lease.

The most important trait of her paddock mate is that he/she is very sensible, kind and easy going, and MUST be ok to be paddocked alone and left alone (no other horses in sight usually) when Ellie heads out for rides/comps etc

Must also be good with fences and a good doer/good feet, must be paddock sound and no veterinary issues that will likely render the horse/pony to not be paddock sound (not as much of an issue if free lease, but I don't have the time and resources to support a horse with paddock soundness issues)

Prefer 13hh - 15hh. Bonus if rideable and could give the odd childrens ride but this is only a bonus, the other stuff is more important. Not wanting to spend much if anything or travel a ridiculous amount.

The right horse/pony will have a home for life in a knowledgable, loving home on 20 acres Smile
Back to top Go down
Mahnew Park

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Paddock mate wanted!   Paddock mate wanted! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 am

I have a TB gelding I'd free lease or sell. He's very sensible, easy going etc A great doer, fat on the smell of an oily rag. Easy to trim, worm, lead, tie etc.
He has been babysitting my yearling and 2 yr old and weanling at different times. he protects his hard feed when he ever gets any, but is not over nasty, just protective with other horses.
He is sound and healthy (bar a muscle strain at the moment from being chased by an escaped stallion) He will be fine soon and I'm happy to supply bute for him until he's happy or bring him home if he remained unsound for any reason and you werent happy with him. Hes good with fences, hasnt needed zappys or anything but is used to them too.

Would be good project if you wanted to ride him...I took him on as a rescue/rehab'er as he was really underweight when I got him and havent had a chance/need to ride him myself so cant tell you what he's like except what I've been told.
Has apparently gotten strong and bolted from a canter and not pulled up from a gallop with one owner and behaved well with another...can provide full history if you wanted to ride him. I'd trust him to be a lead rein pony or even off lead for a walk around under supervision but thats up to you. I was hoping to find him a companion home as he deserves a nice life.
He's 15.2 I guess and 13 yrs old, VERY solid for a TB
He's paddocked at Aldinga now and I'd happily deliver him for a little petrol. Had him advertised on aushorse for 300 but happy for free lease if need be or lease to buy etc. I'm most interested in finding him somewhere to be loved.
Back to top Go down
Dressage Diva

Dressage Diva

PostSubject: Re: Paddock mate wanted!   Paddock mate wanted! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks MP, I'd ideally prefer something smaller but will keep him in mind.
Back to top Go down
Mahnew Park

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Paddock mate wanted!   Paddock mate wanted! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 am

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
DC

DC

Number of posts : 3237
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Paddock mate wanted!   Paddock mate wanted! EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:58 pm

I have a pony who may be suitable. PLease email me at bdlhstud@gmail.com if you are still looking. Smile
Back to top Go down
jellybelly

jellybelly

Number of posts : 2276
Registration date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Paddock mate wanted!   Paddock mate wanted! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:07 am

From FB I'm pretty sure she found something DC Smile
Back to top Go down
Dressage Diva

Dressage Diva

PostSubject: Re: Paddock mate wanted!   Paddock mate wanted! EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:51 pm

thanks sorry yes, already found! but thankyou Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paddock mate wanted!   Paddock mate wanted! Empty

Back to top Go down

Paddock mate wanted!
Page 1 of 1