South Australian Equine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Agistment Gawler area

Go down 
+2
horsework B4 housework
Alyssa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alyssa

Alyssa

Number of posts : 985
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Agistment Gawler area Empty
PostSubject: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Soon I will be looking for agistment for Flash so he's a little closer to me. I'll be moving into Andrews Farm in the next couple of weeks, but will hopefully be moving to the Gawler area at the end of the year, so I am looking for something around these areas. I have looked at Northern Equestrian Centre, which at the moment is just down the road from where I'll be living, but not sure if i'll be able to afford $60 a week for a stable and paddock (which is what I want) is this a good price for a stable and paddock? (I feed/rug etc)

Where else around Gawler/Elizabeth areas are there that are relatively cheap?
Should also mention that agistment must have an arena (with lights if possible)
Back to top Go down
horsework B4 housework

horsework B4 housework

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Have you checked the one at Munno Para (cnr Smith Rd & Main Nth Rd) - there is an advert in here that was posted early 2013
Back to top Go down
foxontherun

foxontherun

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:44 pm

$60 at NEC or Womma? (They are two different places....one is Clive Reeds place -NEC off Argent Rd & the other is off directly off Womma Rd) I wouldn't touch Womma with a very big stick...

Wouldn't know what current rates are, but can tell you that 10 years ago $45 got a stable with large yard with access to turnout for an hour a day. Rugging/Feeding/etc extra.

I would work out the travel costs if you find somewhere further away - $60 may seem pricey, but $40 + travel to & from (both time & fuel costs) can end up being more.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa

Alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Will have a look at munno para Smile Clive Reeds place is the one im looking at. Ive been there before and its a nice place Smile
Back to top Go down
foxontherun

foxontherun

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Yep NEC wasn't bad - although haven't been through stables area for a while! Only the indoor area.
Back to top Go down
bubby1

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:06 pm

just the other side of heaslip rd on womma rd there is a place owned by beth gibbs, lovely lady good agistment place. I don't have a # but if you go for a drive youd find it.
there is also Olympia pk which is Evanston/gawler river area- just round the corner from grpc. Or danson dressage in Lewiston has/had agistment.....or going the other way same distance, nyroca, sue sages place next door to there as well.....
Back to top Go down
Alyssa

Alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Thanks Bubby1 Smile will have a look into those Smile
Back to top Go down
All.That.Jazz

All.That.Jazz

Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:51 am

foxontherun wrote:
I wouldn't touch Womma with a very big stick...

Me either!!!
Back to top Go down
AppyGoLucky

AppyGoLucky

Number of posts : 1522
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:04 am

I have a friend who is offering agistment on her property at Two Wells, not sure if she has any room at the moment but I can get details for you if you would like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverstirrups.com
Alyssa

Alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:57 am

Thanks AGL that would be great Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agistment Gawler area   Agistment Gawler area Empty

Back to top Go down

Agistment Gawler area
Page 1 of 1