South Australian Equine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Short Term Agistment Wanted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
All.That.Jazz

All.That.Jazz

Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Short Term Agistment Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:29 am

Hi I am after short term agistment for my 4yo gelding in the Golden Grove, One Tree Hill area.

The paddock he is currently in is FULL of clover and way too much feed and even with work the "fat" isn't disappearing.

Ideally I would like a stable with a yard attached, large yard or a paddock that has minimal feed.

There will need to be a round yard or an arena.

I can offer an agistment swap if you like for a few months! The agistment I am at has a lovely new arena and the paddock is for one horse only (they may allow two, i have only had the one in there for the last year) - just too much feed for my guy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
All.That.Jazz

All.That.Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Found Smile
Back to top Go down
Dixiedot

Dixiedot

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:15 pm

You could try Ros Richardson, who advertises at the moment on Aushorse. She's good. She has heaps of feed but she used to have diet paddocks, too. She's very knowledgeable and reliable, I think.

SA Advert No. 54738 16/09/12 4 types of agistment Price: from $45.00 per week
Situated in Yatala Vale and close to pony CLub, Transport and shops, four types of agistment available:
1. Stable and night yard with turn out to day paddock including two oaten/lucerne hay feeds per day $70.00 per week per horse.
2. Shared paddock including two oaten/lucerne hay feeds per day $60.00 per week per horse.
3. Shared paddock including one oaten/lucerne hay feed per day $45.00 per week per horse.
4. Small paddock suit 1 - 2 horses with or without hay feeds, price negotiable.
Wash bay with lights.
Secure tack storage.
One arena with another larger arena currently under construction, show jumping equipment and some cross country jumps with additional fences currently being built.
Large safe riding area.
Float parking.

Email: richcons@bigpond.net.au
Back to top Go down
ShanShan

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:32 pm

I think MP has a stable/Yard available at the moment you can get your own personal day yard as well for an additional fee Smile
Back to top Go down
All.That.Jazz

All.That.Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks guys but I have managed to get a stable at Pine Grove Smile only a 2 minute drive from my house!

My friend agists there with a horse that Jaxon knows well Smile he will be stabled next to her!
Back to top Go down
ShanShan

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Cool - MP is litterally just 500 meters further up the road Smile

Will your boy be ok going from a paddock to those teeny tiny stables?? Smile
Back to top Go down
All.That.Jazz

All.That.Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Yeah he will be fine Smile

I moved him from his paddock to Golden Grove Equestrian Centre for a few weeks this time last year and he coped.

The stables aren't as big as Golden Grove's but he is pretty chilled and just goes with the flow!

Mum will lunge him in the round yard in the morning for me and then I will either lunge or ride in the afternoon after work so he will be able to have a stretch twice a day and they have paddock days so he will go out there a few times a week Smile
Back to top Go down
ShanShan

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:58 pm

SCORE!! Wish I had a mum pony helper hahahahaha Wink
Back to top Go down
All.That.Jazz

All.That.Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 pm

hahaha she tries to help Smile jaxon walks all over her though, the little s**t!!!!

so i think maybe some bonding lunging sessions might be good for them Wink
Back to top Go down
All.That.Jazz

All.That.Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:35 am

change of plans....he has a stable at golden grove equestrian centre Smile
Back to top Go down
free.falling

free.falling

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:42 am

hehe while you're so close you should come down for a trail - you have to float but it's like 5 minds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
free.falling

free.falling

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:43 am

... does this mean you're getting him microchipped there? that may work for me!
Back to top Go down
All.That.Jazz

All.That.Jazz

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:48 am

i will take you up on that trail ride Wink im sure he will LOVE it!!

he is moving in on the weekend of the 29th/30th of September (he is booked in for his microchip next tuesday)

he may be staying at golden grove full time Smile just depends on what pay situation with work is like lol
Back to top Go down
free.falling

free.falling

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:41 am

that's okay I can take him down to APEC Smile

and yay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Term Agistment Wanted   Short Term Agistment Wanted Empty

Back to top Go down

Short Term Agistment Wanted
Page 1 of 1