South Australian Equine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
appy

appy

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size Empty
PostSubject: Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size   Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:26 pm

[center]
Hi I am looking for someone that makes paddock boots. Looking for made ones as I need one a slightly different size
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Rose1

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2011-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size   Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:24 am

I've made paddock boots. They are dead easy. Go to the central market where they sell whole lambskins. Work out what size the boots need to be by cutting up an old sheet or some such, and putting it around the leg. Cut the lambskin to the size, hand sow on 2 or 3 strips of Velcro, which you buy at Spotlight by the metre. Woolly side against the horse, skin side out. Slap some oil on the skin side, You can hand wash them if needed and they will dry a little stiff and all you have to do is give them a bit of a rub with your hands and they come up good as new.
I've also made lambskin bell boots when my horse had ringbone and I needed to keep his fetlocks warm in winter for him to be flexible and happy.

As I'm a really lousy sewer and I had no trouble making these anyone could
Back to top Go down
All.That.Jazz

All.That.Jazz

Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size   Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:40 am

I HIGHLY recommend The Rug Rack & Rags for Nags, I have paddock boots made by both and they are fantastic and not too expensive!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size   Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size Empty

Back to top Go down

Paddock boots wanted - Custom made size
Page 1 of 1