South Australian Equine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SPPHASA v SSHA

Go down 
+5
Admin
Craig
yasbiq
Carolinep
mungral.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mungral.

mungral.

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-04-20

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 am

While I know that most of this info is available off the web, I would prefer actual accounts of those associated with these club as they give a better indication of what the club and the social environment is like.

Specifically looking at..

Number of shows run during the year.
Average Cost of classes at shows.
Clinics run what type and how often.
Cancellation rate of events.
Do you get your money's worth from the membership.
Are the committee easily approachable?

Thanks
Mungral.

*** Edited to keep it nice and simple and basic questions Smile Cheers, Admin. ***
Back to top Go down
Carolinep

Carolinep

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2009-06-06

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:36 am

Hi Mungral

Would you not be better asking these questions of the organisations themselves, or of their members, rather than trying to source the information from an independent third party?

Caroline
Back to top Go down
mungral.

mungral.

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 am

Carolinep,

The precieved perception of third parties for independant advice is valuable.

In my prefered sport, I am a NCAS Level 2 Coach (I believe it is equivalent to EFA Level2), and am often asked about which club would suit people I coach. I have suggested what club they should become a member of to suit what they want to do, and these questions are the general ones ask we talk about before a final decision is left to those I coach.
I generally recommend a clubs in which I have no affiliation with, based on information I know of, and information I have gained from people associated or not with those club directly.
The percieved club environment in my opinion is the most important factor in choosing a club, as if you dont enjoy the environment provided you dont take part in club activities.

As a result, I think that before we commit money to membership of a particular club or both, that I at least ask. In my chosen sport the membership fees per year are expensive (between $180-$400) compared to the $70-$90 associated with both these horse clubs.

I personally dont ride or show, that is my partners thing, and wants to get more involved with the showing side next year, so as an outsider to the horse industry in regard to showing, I wish to get a better picture of the 2 clubs we have a choice of joining from those in the industry.

Mungral.
Back to top Go down
Carolinep

Carolinep

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2009-06-06

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 pm

OK, but I feel that this may not be the best place to ask for opinions on those organisations, and if you care to trawl through the archives you may begin to understand why I have this opinion.

The first four of your questions are surely best answered by the organisations' committees, and I believe that any answers to the last two questions should be answered by pm.

However: just my opinion, so go for it Forumites.
Back to top Go down
yasbiq

yasbiq

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2009-01-20

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Hmmm... a relatively of new member of 6 posts asking what could be termed 'inflamatory' questions.. like quote... Do they hold grudges?

My question to you would be, do you have an axe to grind?

And I have no association with either group, but I can spot a Troll at 20 paces...
Back to top Go down

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 6:50 am

just thought i would pop my head in and say hi
Back to top Go down
mungral.

mungral.

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:56 am

Yasbiq
So had I asked for an opinion here that went like...

for arguements sake...
I have a choice between a TB Schoolmaster and a STB Schoolmaster, both about the same age and exactly the same price, which would be the better horse? then would you be accusing me of being a troll..

there are very few positive remarks about SSHA at the moment, and was actually hoping that someone would be willing to state that they like them and that they have had no problems with them or the way their club is run.
There have been a few PM's that have outlined what those people thought privately on how the two horse club measure up to my initial questions, I thank them.

At no stage do I expect that someone will degrade themselves by defaming either club or degenerate to the blatant sledging that occured in other parts of the forum, just because one show caused problems.

Mungral.
Back to top Go down
Craig

Craig

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2008-11-27

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:03 am

I don't think there was any "blatent sledging", but some harsh, although well deserved criticism. The actions and inactions of some involved in the society invited those comments and they have to be taken onboard and used in a constructive manner to avoid such issues in the future. Some public appologies are due, some explainations are due and some major changes are due. Maybe after those things occur the opinions gauged maybe a little more positive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmsporthorses.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-09-27

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:04 am

Folks PLEASE NO SLAMMING OF EITHER SOCIETY....... or there will be butts being kicked - NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE!......Constructive comments only please in this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.saequineforum.com
Challington

Challington

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-12-06

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Considering that most of the members on here are NOT members of these clubs, I would suggest that maybe asking some "inside" information from members/past members would be much more helpful. The old "word of mouth thing" would be more beneficial to you from both clubs I would think.
Back to top Go down
mungral.

mungral.

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks Challington,
As I am reasonably new to the forum, I have been following the forum for 2-3 weeks and only signed up in the last week, I dont know the ins and outs of peoples affiliations to particular horses clubs.

If I knew which people belonged to these two groups, I would be only too happy to ask privately.

Mungral.
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

Number of posts : 1730
Registration date : 2008-09-27

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Well, I have only the 'knowledge' I have picked up from both associations websites..........

From MY point of view - looking to register and have a horse eligible for showing in the associations shows, there is a little more clear information on the SSHA website for registering partbred STBs than there is on the SPPHASA website. But a quick email to the SPPHASA would clear that question up Smile

SSHA is still new and finding its feet, the idea is brilliant, and I hope that they do well. SPPHASA has been around for a while and seem to be established.

I guess people can only go on their own personal experiences with each of the societies (like any breed society - look at the Minis - they seem to have many mini registries, and the WBs did the same - splintered off and now you have not only the AWHA but the AWSHA, ISSA, ACE, Kinnordy Stud Book, and goodness knows how many others!).....

Best of luck Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.reigatestud.com
queen_of_dreams

queen_of_dreams

Registration date : 2010-08-05

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:32 pm

I think only SPPHSSA exists now, not to sure what happened to the other one (SSHA)...lack of helpers, money maybe????????
So that makes the decision easy...
I think there are quite a few SPPHASA members on the forum Challington....
If you feel like it put your hand up...I am one. cheers
Back to top Go down
mustang_dani

mustang_dani

Number of posts : 1914

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Our new mare is registered with the SPPHSSA but we haven't joined as yet.

Not sure if it's worth it cause we can't get to shows anyway atm. Or do you have to transfer the horse into your name and, therefore, join the association?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zappascomputers.com.au
queen_of_dreams

queen_of_dreams

Registration date : 2010-08-05

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:07 am

HI...I think you would have to put the mare into your name....Don't think it costs anything......And yes then join if you wanted to do any classes...The season ends 30th of June.maybe just wait til then if you arnt ready yet and start fresh next season.
Back to top Go down
mustang_dani

mustang_dani

Number of posts : 1914

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPPHASA v SSHA   SPPHASA v SSHA EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zappascomputers.com.au
Sponsored content

SPPHASA v SSHA Empty