South Australian Equine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly forum for all South Australian Horse Riders, Breeders and Enthusiasts! Non South Aussies MOST welcome too!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faecal Eggcount Service

Go down 
+10
mustang_dani
Kissesofgold
fern
~Tasha~
All.That.Jazz
ivydane
Caleah Park
gypsy0888
AppyGoLucky
Tracy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rosie

rosie

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Really DUMB qu do u need a sample from ea horse in paddock or just a sample of a bit of each ?? Just trying to save $ ATM due to no regular wk ATM:(
Back to top Go down
Challington

Challington

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:09 am

Hi Tracey, could you please email me the info sheet too. Thanks!!
robyn@challington.com.au
Back to top Go down
rosie

rosie

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:43 am

Tracy cld u email me too -I think you have my email if not FB me pls Smile
Back to top Go down
Tracy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:45 am

Hi, sorry out at a wedding all day yesterday, and just waking up!! I'll email you both.
Rosie you need to take a couple of 'nuggets' from each horse. One of the problems is identifying the horses in your herd that are the 'shedders'. Some have more tolerance than others, its absolutely amazing to find out of 4/5 horses that only one has a high egg count and its sometimes really high, in comparison.

I'll email you anyway.
Back to top Go down
rosie

rosie

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 pm

# are yarded PM and The mare and foals are obv a different size still !!!! So thats doable tracy Smile
Back to top Go down
DropsofJupiter

DropsofJupiter

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:10 pm

worm counts are fabulous!! I'll get one done in a few months!
Back to top Go down
rosie

rosie

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:13 am

Tracy could you pls resend info-can u test for tapeworms??
Back to top Go down
Tracy

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:19 am

Hi Rosie,

I can resend info for you no probs! Is there a reason you suspect a tapeworm burden?? Egg Counts are not really the best way to identify a tapeworm problem. An infected horse can have very few egg numbers in their manure - so not very indicative for that type of worm. Does the horse have diarrhoea? That can be one sign. Anyway the most effective active on tapeworms is Morantel - so check whether your normal wormer has this in it (dose of about 13.2 - 19.8mg/kg). You can also use Praziquantal (1mg/kg).

Back to top Go down
Tracy

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:34 am

If you're having some gut issues, and you have already wormed with the above wormers - I'd suggest a vet rather than another worm count would help you more Smile
Back to top Go down
rosie

rosie

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:19 am

No Tracy zi dont suspect Taoe worms just being thorough!! what age can u worm weanlings with the prazadoozie stuff--what symptoms would one look for for a tape worm burden

I'm going to PM you re another issue too Smile
Back to top Go down
Tracy

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:54 am

tapeworms can cause bouts of diarrhoea and bouts of colic (but hey, so can lots of other things). Most wormers should be safe for weanlings - and the little ones should be more routinely wormed, because they are wonderful carriers!!!
Back to top Go down
jessjess

jessjess

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:38 pm

Can you email me an info sheet as well please Smile

jess_richards1992@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down
Tracy

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:12 pm

INfo sheets and submission forms now available from my website:

www.cazedarnesequestrian.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faecal Eggcount Service   Faecal Eggcount Service - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Faecal Eggcount Service
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2